Custom Search


I really love getting feedback from you....so please leave a comment
and become a follower of my blog!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Lightning Bolt Crackle

I went to Sally's this week, just in time to grab a few of the only bottles of China Glaze's crackle collection that they got in stock. Sadly, these collections come out later in Canada than in the U.S., and they seem to be in short supply.


I used the white crackle called "Lightning Bolt" and though I've seen great swatches on other blogs, I was a bit disappointed with this polish. I applied it over Sally Hansen's "Grass Slipper" and it turned out looking yellow or light green instead of staying true white.  I'll have to give it another shot over other base colours to see if I can get it to stay looking white.


In the end, the effect looks cool, but I wanted it to look true white. I even applied a second coat of it after the first coat finished cracking, but it still appears yellow. The bottle I got seemed really watery too.

So far I like the Barry M special effects crackle polish I have in black much better than China Glaze's version, but I would still like to experiment a bit more with this polish and also try some of the other crackle polishes by China Glaze before I give up on them.

Has anybody else had this problem?

4 comments:

  1. I heard Lightning Bolt is not opague, might be the reason why it doesn't stay white. I've seen other manis where it's still white, so maybe it depends on the base colour and the reaction between the formula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe putting your base on, than a clear coat and than lightning bolt will help?

    I don't know, just a suggestion :)

    Love,
    Kim

    http://kimskienails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just used Lightning Bolt for the first time. I have it posted on my blog. I use purple as a base coat (by China Glaze) and it is still pure white. Perhaps putting on a thicker coat, and def try another brand of base coat.

    Great blog btw, following you now:)

    xxo
    http://iamheizl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails